In 2020 we unveiled in our last Africa Health report how the pandemic had accelerated telemedicine’s adoption across the African continent, while big data was also seen by industry leaders as a major opportunity to make much-needed healthcare system changes.
In this year's report, produced with AWS, we explore perspectives from healthcare leaders speaking at the recent Africa Health event, who shared their views on key lessons learned from the pandemic in Africa and how the industry should be reshaped.
Their insights reveal a particular emphasis on bringing stakeholders together, and enabling innovation to flourish on the continent through leveraging data, implementing policies, and harnessing the private sector, among other measures.
Read 'The Evolution of Healthcare – Unleashing Innovation in Africa' to learn more about:
- Health equity challenges and opportunities in Africa
- Strengthening African health data systems through data
- The role of stakeholders in strengthening African healthcare systems
- Mental health challenges in Africa
- Plus - a case study on how Discovery Group boosts global growth with AWS