Anaemia is one of the most common disorders of the blood and has been identified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a widespread public health issue with social and economic concerns. According to the WHO, nearly 25 per cent of the world's population is affected by anaemia.
A disease so prevalent and serious can have significant impacts on both patient quality of life and healthcare system costs. Anaemia is a very complex disease because there are multiple types (many of which often coexist) that can result from a wide variety of causes. Clinical laboratories can help reduce these impacts by offering a broad range of diagnostic tests across clinical disciplines that improve efficiencies in the care of anaemic patients.
The objectives of this webinar would be to underline:
- The complexity of diagnosis and treatment of anaemia
- The need for a comprehensive testing panel for anaemia
- The impacts of prevalent Anemia on patient quality of life and healthcare systems
- Dr. Hanan Jasim Al-Wazzan, Consultant hematologist, Head of hematology Unit at Adan Hospital, Kuwait.
- Grace Estephan, Marketing Communications Manager, Beckman Coulter
Back to Webinars